Back in October 2010 I posted one of my earliest items of news which related to our decision to sell our lovely home in Onehunga, Auckland.
So this is a little resume of what has happened since, providing snippets on:-
- Deciding not to buy another house – they were all crap!
- But instead to buy a piece of land on which to build a new house.
- Deciding on where that new piece of land would be and the places it took us.
- Purchasing, or at least attempting to tie down a land owner to sell us a piece of land in the Bombay Hills he was wanting to sell (but who found it hard to get the job done!)
- The process of selecting a builder, architect, type and style of house
- Finally selling our old house.
- Suddenly finding out that the land we had set our hearts on was miraculously available and we had to pay for it!
- Finalising details with architects, builders, lawyers et al prior to submission for planning consent.
- Issuing of Planning Consent.
- And on with the build!